Distributed Computing (DISC) Seminar
This seminar series primarily addresses theoretical aspects of distributed computing. Many seminars in the series will be delivered via teleconference (identified as Tele-seminars below).
Instructions for joining disc-seminar mailing list
- September 15, Friday (11:00 am, 239 CSL):
Dr. Kishori Mohan Konwar, MIT: (Tele-seminar) Erasure-Codes for Optimal Storage Cost in Atomic Memory Emulation
- September 21, Thursday (3:00 pm, 141 CSL):
Edward Talmage and Prof. Jennifer Welch, Texas A&M University: (Tele-seminar) Message-Passing Implementations of Shared Data Structures
- September 28, Thursday (3:00 pm. 141 CSL):
Rawad Bitar, Rutgers University, (Tele-seminar) Staircase Codes for Fast and Secure Distributed Computing
- October 3-6: Allerton conference. No DISC seminar this week.
- October 13, Friday (11:00 am, 239 CSL):
Prof. Sandeep Kulkarni, Michigan State University: (Tele-seminar) Virtually Real Clocks and Their Applications.
- October 27, Friday (10:30 am, 239 CSL):
Dr. Baharan Mirzasoleiman, ETH-Zurich: (Tele-seminar) Distributed Submodular Optimization.
- November 17, Friday (10:30 am, 239 CSL):
Dr. Irina Calciu, VMware Research Group: (Tele-seminar) Talk on concurrent data strutures.
- November 20-24: Thanksgiving week. No DISC seminar this week.